Sadly, stress is now considered “the norm” within modern society. Unfortunately it is also well documented that if stress and anxiety become prolonged this could affect the individual’s psychological and physiological well-being and the end result for the individual could include disease states within the body.
Thankfully people are beginning to examine ways to improve their quality of life and existing health. If you feel that you need to take stock of your coping mechanisms and learn to relax and lets things go then Yoga and Meditation may be for you.
Here is my ten reasons why:
1. Yoga can be undertaken by beginners at any age and the positive effects felt within a very short period of time.
2. Your natural range of flexibility will increase over a period of time resulting in a greater range of movement. This may also help you with other hobbies, sports and pastimes.
3. There are many different styles of Yoga for you to try from Hatha Yoga, Hot Yoga, Yin Yoga and many more. Even Chair Yoga for individuals with impaired mobility mean Yoga is available to everyone!
4. The cost of Yoga is very affordable compared with other sports and gym memberships and can be practiced at home once the postures have been learnt under the guidance of a teacher.
5. The benefits of Yoga have been extensively researched within the medical arena. Healthcare professional are now beginning to recommend Yoga for the management of certain disease states that help complement the existing medical model.
6. A regular practice of Yoga can reduce the production of stress hormones within the body and your subsequent reaction to stressful situations.
7. A regular Yoga practice will aid a deeper, more restful night’s sleep. It is also useful to combat more serious sleep problems such as Insomnia.
8. Yogic breathing “Pranayama” can help address and correct any incorrect breathing patterns that can become inherent particularly at time of stress.
9. Meditation and breathing, in combination, can help balance the nervous system leading to enhanced feelings of wellbeing and calmness.
10. Yoga can be a life changing practice and open up avenues of exploration that you may not have previously considered such as inner reflection, spirituality and more.
If you are interested in attending a yoga class and require more information, then contact James on 0434967702
Registered Yoga Teacher & Registered Nurse
Tuesdays 5.15pm - 6.15pm
$8 per class
(This is subsidised by St Hilarion Wellness Centre)